Dear Dirty-Energy fighters/ Climate Justice friends,
Dear Dirty-Energy fighters/ Climate Justice friends
All you surely know that the 23rd Conference of Parties of the UNFCCC, the 23rd climate summit is scheduled in Bonn from Nov.06–17, 2017.
During this period, we are jointly organizing a number of programs in Bonn and collaborating in organizing one in Berlin. We invite any of you / your friends and co-workers to these, if you are present there on these dates.
1. On Nov.07, in the People’s Climate Summit, we are organizing (with LINGO, Germany), a 2-hour workshop, as detailed below –
Title: The Coal End Game – with reports from major coal countries
Organizers: Beyond Copenhagen Collective (India), LINGO (Germany) and allies from around the world.
speakers from : Australia, Bangladesh (emerging coal country with huge resistance), Germany, India, possibly Poland.
Time: Tuesday, Nov 7, 14:30 – 16:30
Place: Room 2, Gustav-Stresemann-Institut e.V. Conference Center
Langer Grabenweg 68 53175 Bonn
Stops : • Max-Löbner-Straße, coming from Bonn central station by underground 16 und 63, (direction Bad-Godesberg).
Opposite the ADAC-building and fuel station walk in Max-Löbner-Straße, turn left at the end of the street.
• Robert-Schuman-Platz, coming from Siegburg /Bonn central station by underground 66 (direction Bad Honnef).
Walk along Kurt-Georg-Kiesinger-Allee, turn left in Jean-MonnetStraße and then turn left in Heinemann-Straße.
2. Nov.10. Berlin : Seminar on Role of Nuclear Power in Bangladesh’s Energy Plan.
Place: Weinstrasse 2, Berlin, Primary organizer : The National Committee to Protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources,
Power and Ports in Bangladesh, Germany (in-short: NCBD, German Action Group),
Being a very low emitter as of now, Bangladesh is going all out for both Coal (Rampal, Orion, Chittagong,…) and
Nuclear (Rup pur) power, But the resistance across the nation is building up, led by Jatiyo Committee.
3. Nov. 15, Bonn, in the UNFCCC venue. Side-Event : Just Energy Transition.
Organizer : PAIRVI / Beyond Copenhagen Collective with other groups. Time around 4:15 PM to 6:00 PM
4. Nov. 08. Bonn within UNFCCC venue. side event on Climate Governance, Transparency.
This is apart from the clean energy related events .
Time – around 4:15 PM to 6 PM.
Again, all of you who are likely to be present, and are interested, are warmly welcome.